Questions & answers
Special Multi Services FAQs
Learn more about the comprehensive staffing services we’ve provided to clients since 2000.
Do you provide staffing services for all types of businesses?
We specialize in providing comprehensive staffing services for businesses that require well-qualified personnel for security and facility management. For other staffing needs, please visit our Contract Personnel page.
Do you provide contract personnel services?
Yes. We provide a full range of contract personnel services, including:
- Contingent and supplemental staff
- Special projects
- Permanent placements
- Payroll services
- Outsourced inspection and sorting
- Hospitality associates (servers, bartenders, barbacks, bussers)
- Manufacturing and LI
- Skilled and semi-skilled personnel
- Office clerical
- Bonded security
Which specific elements of the application and screening process do you handle?
We take care of all elements of the application and screening process. That includes conducting reference checks and other background investigations, including I-9 eVerify and a Terrorist Watchlist SSN trace.
We also interview candidates, conduct health surveys, and review applications for key elements including:
- Work history
- Reading and reasoning
- Industry-specific certifications (Hi-Lo License, TIPS card, etc.)
What types of candidate testing do you conduct?
We have experience testing for a wide array of skills and issues, including manufacturing/LI and clerical skills. We also conduct drug and alcohol testing, and we can design and implement specialized testing to meet your unique business needs.
Our candidate testing process includes the analytics-driven IBM Assessment Knowledge Test, which measures traits, skills, and culture fit. It’s one way we ensure that we’re connecting skilled applicants with the right job opportunities.
What types of trainings do you provide?
We can customize our trainings to meet your needs. Common training topics include:
- Eye and back safety protocols
- Proper lifting techniques
- MIOSHA/OSHA trainings
- Harvard Communication Standard
What do you include in your worksite orientations?
We can customize our worksite orientations to your needs, but typically we cover:
- Operating procedures
- Safety protocols
- Other policies and procedures
What are the benefits of staffing through Special Multi Services?
Special Multi Services can help you:
- Eliminate the time and money spent recruiting employees
- Protect against seasonal swings in employment levels
- Connect the right applicants to your job opportunities using the IBM Assessment Test
- Quickly add personnel for short-term projects
- Easily add staffing for crisis project management
- Ensure timely replacements for all employee vacancies
- Avoid costly benefits during the probationary employment period
- Hire employees as needed with no buy-out fee after the agreed-upon period
- Reduce cost of unemployment insurance (UIA)
- Reduce benefit costs associated with the Affordable Care Act
Find out about our full range of security services, including staffing as well as consulting and other services.
Are you licensed and bonded?
Yes, we are fully licensed, insured, and bonded. We’ve been providing security services for more than 50 years to a wide range of clients in manufacturing, industrial, commercial, and other industries.
How much experience does your team have in security operations?
We have an extremely experienced team with more than 100 years of combined experience in a variety of business, military, law enforcement, and high-security settings.
What capabilities can the security guards you provide offer?
We find, select, and train security guards for patrols, traffic enforcement, remote monitoring, alarm response, and more.
How do you ensure you select the best security guards?
We have an extensive, proven process for recruiting, vetting, selecting, and training security guards. The continuous training program includes:
- Thorough training on the Standards and Protocols Manual
- CPR training
- Annual emergency response training
- Active shooter/terrorist and homeland security/border training
- Touch Point System training
How can better security staffing help our business?
We provide security staff that can help you with:
- Consulting in specialized areas such as workplace safety and security systems, including surveillance placement.
- Physical survey/analysis, including detailed recommendations from technical experts
- Risk analysis to identify and advise you on areas of exposure
- Safety during labor disputes, such as work stoppages, employee violence, and contract negotiations
- Asset protection to help you reduce shrinkage and inventory loss
- Research and development support to protect your valuable people, assets, and intellectual property
- Manufacturing protection to detect, deter, and report incidents that violate company policy and the law
What are the employee benefits?
We value our personnel and provide access to the following for full-time employees that have completed training:
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holiday and vacation time
- Mastercard endorsed pay cards
Facility Maintenance FAQs
Learn more about our wide range of offerings, including facility maintenance, consulting, and janitorial services.
Do you offer 24-hour service?
Yes. We offer 24/7 service, depending on the requirements of each assignment.
Do you provide demolition for residential properties?
Yes, we provide both demolition and reconstruction for residential estates.
What types of tradespeople can you provide?
We provide a wide range of skilled and unskilled labor, including:
- Roof mechanics
- Brick masons
Which areas do your consultants focus on?
Our consultants can help you with every aspect of facility maintenance, including:
- Paint shop management
- Environmental management
- Capital optimization and facility budget management
- Material flow and process optimization
- Cleaning and grounds maintenance
- Security services
- Waste management and recycling solutions
- Administrative support
- Tenant hospitality services
- Event support and relocation and set-up services
How can your consultants help us lower costs?
We can help you manage your resources more efficiently to save you money on energy and lighting, cleaning, waste management, chemical and filtration management, load leveling, and much more.
What types of janitorial services do you offer?
We customize our janitorial services to meet your needs and offer these general services:
- Bathrooms: Clean and sanitize sinks, urinals, toilets, mirrors
- Floors: Clean, refinish, and polish (includes sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and buffing)
- Restock: Replace toiletry, air fresheners, etc.
- General: Empty trash and recycling bins, etc.